Activity Schedule 2013
We are currently working on the 2014 Activity Schedule! Watch for it to be posted in March!
(Activities Subject To Change Without Notice)
- April 12-13~Welcome Home Weekend! We kick off the start of another camping season with Jelly Bean Planting, Lasagna Dinner Potluck on Saturday and Cards at the Shelter House.
- April 19-20~Look-Alike Weekend! Think Twinkies this weekend! Dress like another person or pet. ZUMBA, Chalk Look-Alikes, Hot Chocolate Bar, Golf Cart Poker Run & Dice Game! Bring a wrapped gift of $5 value and enjoy rolling doubles & stealing gifts!
- April 26-27~Race Weekend! Make mini hotdog boats and let them loose in the pond, also a blanket race. Enter your best homemade Salsa recipe in a contest before Mexican Dinner and Pass the Parcel.
- May 3-4~Kentucky Derby Day Weekend! The start of our Charity Drive for the Northcoast Cancer Center in Clyde. We raised over $4,000 last year! Cupcake Wars with trophy award. Bring a new or gently used item for Donation BINGO. Horse craft for our Horse Race and Roll the Dice Horse Racing.
- May 10-12~Mother’s Day Weekend! Decorating Cupcakes with Mom and making Handprint Cards. Check out our new Jumbo Jenga! Breakfast with Mom on Sunday!
- May 17-18~Camouflage Weekend! Dig out your camouflage items, we’ll paint your face, make dog tags and play a hiding game. ZUMBA, Golf Cart Poker Run and the DICE game too!
- May 24-26~Memorial Day Weekend! Charity Breakfast & Bake Sale, Fishing Derby with trophies, Raffles & Yard Sales! Charity Duck Race and Donation BINGO. Enjoy entertainment by Mosquito Creek Band & Shiz Diz DJ with Teen Dance from 7-8!
- May 31 – June 1~Lost-a-Weekend! What do we have in store? Duct Tape Construction (provide your own duct tape) Riddle Scavenger Hunt and we all enjoy the Not-So-Newlywed Game!
- June 7-8~Chocolate Weekend! Who doesn’t love chocolate? Craft a chocolate bowl, make a chocolate puzzle and candy jar guessing game. Bring your best recipe to the Dessert Potluck for a chance to win, followed by the DICE game, bring your $5 wrapped gift.
- June 14-16~Father’s Day Weekend! Candy bar BINGO and Nature Walk to make Dad a homemade card. Team up with Dad for Cornhole Tournament. ZUMBA, Donation BINGO and Karaoke too! Breakfast with Dad on Sunday.
- June 21-22~Kid’s Weekend! Glow-in-the-dark activity. Bring your LEGO’s for LEGO Games. Grab a partner for Adult/Kid Relay Races.
- June 28-29~Just Beacuase Weekend! Kiddie Kornhole Fun! Potluck Picnic serving Footlong Hotdogs and Hula Hoop Circle Pass. Everyone’s favorite Golf Cart Poker Run!
- July 4-6~Fourth of July Weekend! The Dog Days of Summer have begun! Raising money for local humane society & ASPCA with Silent Auction. Charity Bake Sale & Duck Race. Candy Bar BINGO, water balloon bust and Carnival with inflatable train and Dunk Tank. Bring a new or gently used item for Donation BINGO. Entertainment this weekend is Big Chuck DJ & RMS Band. Raffles & Yard Sales too!
- July 12-13~Cow Appreciation Weekend! Making Purple Cows, Cow Pie BINGO, Pin The Tail On The Cow, Dress Like A Cow, Cow Pie Tin Obstacle Course and Cow Ball Race shows how much we appreciate this sweet animal. Don’t forget your $5 wrapped gift for the DICE game of rolling doubles and stealing gifts. Jim’s Family DJ will rock your socks!
- July 19-20~Birthday Weekend! Bubble Gum Blowing Contest and Kid’s Cake Decorating (cake will be provided) for this celebration weekend. ZUMBA and Golf Cart Poker Run. Entertainment by 3 Card Monte along with Leafy Oaks Camper Crawl!
- July 26-27~Christmas in July Weekend! Get your creative caps on this weekend for our Snow “Man” Contest, Golf Cart Decorating Contest & Christmas Tree Decorating Contest with trophies! No sleeping in on Saturday! Donuts with Santa at 9 am! Be sure to provide Santa with a wrapped gift for your child in the $5 price range. Kid’s BINGO and snowman food craft. Rock’n it with Jim’s Family DJ.
- August 2-3~Water Fun Weekend! Glow Stick parade is always a good time. Craft a Mosaic Fish, Water Balloon volleyball, Balloon on a rope & DICE Game. The band Legacy II will play your favorites with Adult Only After-Hours Float in the Pond.
- August 9-10~Hillbilly Weekend! Finer than a frog’s hair split 3 ways with No-hands popsicle eating contest, plunger relay, parachute toss and Ice Cream Social. Holler’n Contest & see who will win the crown of the Hillbilly King & Queen. Lots of fun at Donation BINGO!
- August 16-17~Game Show Weekend! Test your skills with games like Jumbo Twister, Blindfold Golf Cart Race, Minute to Win It & Camper Feud. ZUMBA and Entertainment by the Happy Hour Band!
- August 23-24~Macaroni Weekend! We have to celebrate one of our favorite foods! Bean craft and pasta craft for the kids, Pass The Parcel after Spaghetti Dinner with all the fixin’s. Dance the Macarena when Jim’s Family DJ spins your favorite tunes at the beach!
- August 30-September 1~Beach Party Weekend! Sand between your toes & wearing crazy beach party clothes! We’re having a beach party you won’t want to miss! Bring a dish to the Hog Roast Potluck. A Silent Auction with great items! Hula Hoop Contest and Beachball Volleyball while dancing to Sneaky Pete Band. Raffles & Yard Sale all weekend! Donation BINGO, Duck Race and Cardboard Boat Race. Music by Phat Katz.
- September 6-7~Crazy Hat Weekend! Dig that crazy hat out of your closet or make one with us! Dress up relay & Golf Cart Obstacle Course.
- September 13-14~Foodie Weekend! How about a weekend of FOOD? Decorating Cookies, a take-off of Iron Chef with a Secret Ingredient, what will it be? Find out on Friday for judging on Saturday. Baby Jar Recipe Craft and a final Golf Cart Poker Run & Dice Game.
- September 20-21~Pirate & Princess Weekend! Ahoy Mates! Get ready for a treasure-seeking, eye patch-wearing weekend! See if you can find the buried treasure in our huge treasure chest. Wear your princess and pirate costume for judging and Sink the Pirate Ship., ZUMBA and Donation BINGO!
- September 27-28~Native American Weekend! Indian Lore Trail with a great story along the way, God’s Eye craft and making a Wigwam. Guest speakers Outreach to Native Americans will educate us on our Native American History with a talk, show-n-tell & a gift.
- October 4-5~Halloween Weekend I ! Bring your pet to the Shelter House for our Pet Costume Contest. Donation BINGO in the afternoon and Halloween Site Decorating Contest after the Chili/Soup Cook-off with both being awarded trophies! We will have a hayride followed by cider and donuts for all!
- October 11-12~Halloween Weekend II ! Kid’s Costume Contest begins at 3:30 p.m. while they are still wearing the entire costume. After juding and awarding 3 trophies this year, we start Trick or Treat around the campground at 4:00 p.m. The Adult Costume Contest is held while Free Beer Band jams. Adult Costume Contest begins at 9:00 p.m.